Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

I adore Mother Teresa. A quiet but strong women who accomplished so much while working within one of the world largest and most dominate patriarchal based system,..Catholicism.
I too am Catholic, I questioned its teachings and beliefs more and more as my education grew. One day I went to my auntie and told her that many Catholic rules/beliefs no longest matched my own but it saddened me because my friends and community and some of my best childhood memories were as a Catholic. She told me that if you love something you stay and reform it from the inside...you do not leave and criticize it from outside.
Like my sweet auntie, Mother Teresa loved her faith, but she also did things that many religious Catholic women might have left to male clergy...even though no one could have done it like her x.
Below is a quote from her that I read at my Daughters dedication. -Jennie


"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."
Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment